HiFi Klubben, in da house!

Finally!

I have long been looking for a place to buy sound and technology gadgets that also provide top-class service, knowledgeable staff and a wide range of quality products. As a bonus, their website is a dream to navigate and it is very useful and inspiring as well. I am a little old-fashioned and have a lot of CDs left. When it came time to change CD players, I turned to the HiFi club and found the Denon DCD-50(add). Stylish and optimal player for my needs at a reasonable price. Super satisfied!

HiFive HiFi Klubben!

I love music. Singing, playing, listening, you name it. When the kids were small and showed interest in music, I tried to start playing a bit on my wife's old school guitar. Once I learned a few chords, I started to enjoy myself so much I went ahead and bought a couple of acoustic guitars and learned to strum along something that could be taken for rudimentary guitar playing. A steel-strung Yamaha FG820 and a nylon-strung Alhambra. The kids were at least impressed. Anyhow, I couldn't care less what others think when I find the playing and singing so satisfying.

As a parentheses, I just want to mention that on the Dramaten there were many "music snobs" who would rather go through life without even trying to play or sing just because the opportunities to become a concert pianist or guitar virtuoso were no longer there. Dramaten is certainly not the only workplace where jealousy and pettiness dwells under the surface, but probably one where it is very common.
    At least I didn't let myself get discouraged and now I play for a while every day.

It was not only fun & games today but the gym equipment had to be moved. It doesn't on it's own, you now.

Here's how it went:

Bench Press (WS-3x100kg, 3x95kg, 5x90kg & 7x80kg)

Mark Lift (WS-3x150kg)

Weighted Pull Ups (4x24kg, 3x32kg, 3x40kg, 3x32kg, 3x24kg)

Dips (15, 14, 5x24kg +)

Well, if we are going to explain a little, I usually take up to 5 minutes of rest before the heaviest Work Set lifts. Then, depending on how it feels, I go down to two, max three, minutes of rest in the tail sets. I haven't done dips in a long time.

   As I predicted, I was quite sore today, more so today than Wednesday. It's cumulative, of course. And not surprisingly, I was reluctant to go to the gym but managed to find something that motivated me again today. I obviously felt ok when I was there.

At Friskis where I train they have an excellent heavy bag sandsäck(add) that I kicked extensively during the breaks between sets. Mad props Nordic Fighter(add)!



"A Little Nonsense Now and Then
Is Cherished by the Wisest Men"
- Roald Dahl

May the Fors be with you!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Renassaince Periodization

 Well folks! I've turned a new leaf. I am now an omnivore and a body builder. Today I started the first week of a Mesocycle(a period of ...

Popular Posts