Cacao Coffee & Greasing the Groove

New day, new possibilities.

One of these possibilities is to make a Cacao coffee. Like hot chocolate but instead of hot milk you just take coffee. Helps you relax and feel good. In addition, there are studies that show positive effects on recovery as well as mental abilities etc. It is also very good. I take a few teaspoons of cacao and mix in a little cream and then add the coffee. Most often it will be the cup I have after lunch. There is no scientific evidence to back this up, but my own, empirical, experience points to the fact that it works best with a cup every day, at lunch.
    Besides, lunch coffee is the last cup I take per day. 3 P.M. is most definitely the deadline. The reason for this is problems falling asleep. This obviously varies from individual to individual and some claim that they are not significantly affected by having a cup in the evening but for me it is not optimal with coffee late in the day.


I did some grip training and active rest today as well. Greasing the Groove, type stuff.

5 rounds of 5 repetitions with two 12 kg dumbbells, without significant interruption, of follows:

Dumbbell Press
Goblet Squats
Biceps Curl
Standing Triceps Press

Then some Pinch Block training. 12 kg Kettlebell. 7 seconds each hand, switching, until I couldn't muster 7 seconds anymore. Then I walked around for a few minutes in the garden only to do the same again a few minutes later. A total of three rounds of this.

Finally, I did some half-hearted Toes 2 Bar.

It felt very pleasant. Satisfactory. Refreshing! Invigorating!!

I will probably feel yesterday's workout more tomorrow, I think, but doing these mini-workout's the days in between is intended to blunt the worst effects of that, to some extent, I hope. Tomorrow it will be Friskis again. See you later!

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do.
It comes from overcoming the things
You once thought you couldn't"

Oooo...deep!

May the Fors be with you!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Renassaince Periodization

 Well folks! I've turned a new leaf. I am now an omnivore and a body builder. Today I started the first week of a Mesocycle(a period of ...

Popular Posts