Leaving Dramaten, Monday Madness & 24 Hour Fast

Hi there folks!

Gammal man gör så gott han kan.

How are you?

It seems no better than I am going to do a daily thing of this here to write on the blog. It works well as long as I am on vacation but come August time will be harder to come by. New job, new workmates, new routines, new everything !. I take leave from Dramaten after working as a theater technician there for twelve years to try my hand at B2B sales. The company is called Ergoff and deals in ergonomic office solutions and courses. 

To make a long story short (the long one will surely come at a later date), I decided to see if the grass is still greener outside the gold-laden walls of the theater. The first thing I did was to make a quick search on  Blocket Jobb(add) and see what was available. As a theater technician, alternatives are, to say the least, limited. I was not interested in finding a job at any other theater or rental company or the like. After no end of bothers, it dawned on me that I could look after jobs I hadn't even thought of before. Sales job (Taboo within the world of cultural) I handed in applications to a few and went to a bunch of interviews but what I eventually chose was Ergoff.
As I am interested in health care and health in general, I felt that I could stand behind the products they sell and hopefully help a lot of sedentary office workers to a healthier life. A small dilemma with the new job is that at Dramaten I have been wearing work pants and steel cap shoes. Now I'm going to meet customers and look "representative", I guess. I have looked around a little online and found a store that I hope can equip me for the upcoming service. Stayhard(add) is a store that seems to have everything I need, from head to toe. I like how intuitive the website and the search features are. The fact that they are a purely men's shop simplifies and clarifies the experience. The range of products falls in line with what I experience as my taste and the service and payment options leave nothing to be desired. I have not yet made a purchase so I will probably come back with a more detailed review.

That's what that about that. Now there will be some training. I have 4-5 hours left on a 24 hour fast which I usually do on Mondays. What I take in during fasting is water, coffee and salt. The coffee is black.
The training stayed at home on the lawn, again, as several family members wanted to train with me and also it is a bit of a threshold to get away. (I do have a membership at Friskis & Svettiskort, so You know)

This is what I got out of me today:

5 min jump rope

3 rounds of 3-6 reps (some exercises exceed the amount of repetitions when higher weight is not available):

Side Lateral Dumbbells (2x16kg)
Kettlebell Swings (15x32kg)
Dumbbell Biceps Curl  (2x24kg)
Triceps Push Down (35kg)
Toes to bar (5 rps)
One Arm Row (5x42kg)
Parallette Push Ups (12reps)

Just when we hade finished our work out the heavens opened and we had a river of water of biblical proportions come down on the piece of land we call our garden.

In the exercises that involved weights, the weight was increased in two rounds before the Work Set. The work out was made as a circle, if it was not clear, with as much rest in between as needed to get the pulse down slightly. In addition to the mandatory Klean Kanteen(add) water bottle(was really needed today) I'm sporting a pare of Adidas Tiro 19 Training Shorts(add) with Houdini Dynamic Boxers(add) underneath. Houdini has been my go-to underwear for as long as I can remember. Works at work, at the gym as well as out on the cliff.
Some of the most affordable Kettlebellsen(add) I have come across is from Nordic Fighter(add). I have accumulated some Kettlebells from different sources over the years. And if you like to use parallettes and not like me have the opportunity to make your own, they also have prisvärda såna. They have also provided me with most of what I need for the crossfitting and the MMA.

The work out took about an hour, including all the doodling with weight changes and family counseling. A little too much time for my liking but after all it is vacation. Sometimes it was pretty intense and in the end I felt pretty done.

I end the post with a good quote:

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy,
I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."




May the Fors be with you!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Renassaince Periodization

 Well folks! I've turned a new leaf. I am now an omnivore and a body builder. Today I started the first week of a Mesocycle(a period of ...

Popular Posts