Boy's in da hood

Kvarnen, Medis, Saturday night ... say no more!


Me and the guys had arranged a meeting at Kvarnen's outdoor restaurant at Medborgarplatsen. It was a lovely evening and very nice company. Everything from politics, through family life to old memories was on the menu this evening. As dusk crept on and beer after beer went down, the dynamics of conversation changed slightly, as it has a tendency to do. The tongue started slipping, slightly, the memories grew more dramatic and the gestures became increasingly flamboyant.
    I myself was satisfied with two Carlsberg Hof. Not very spectacular, but I almost never drink and feel no need to try all the new micro-brewed, unfiltered hipster beers available. I find alcoholic beverages enjoyable in the right amount at the right time. Which is not so often.

One problem with the nightlife, which I find nowadays, is that I am no night owl either, anymore. You could even say that I have been regressed to the opposite of a night owl, what ever you would call that. So when I, with some grunts from some in the company, chose to throw in the towel about 11:30 PM, it was "way past my bedtime."

I find it extremely entertaining and massive quality of life booster, with the social interaction, conversations, etc., but the location and timing were poorly chosen, if social interaction should be the focus. First of all, it is not exactly cheap to drink beer at the pub.
     Secondly, after three hours, I had no voice left as I had to scream all the time because the music drowned out the conversation.
     Thirdly, I woke up with tinnitus ringing in my ears, the day after, for the same reason.
     Last but not least, I want to, again, point out the inappropriateness of the time of this meeting. Sleepiness is my enemy in connection with cognitively demanding activities, such as conducting complex philosophical conversations.

Well, to go to the pub once in a while is no problem but when I am also married since 19 years, another motivation factor and driving force has dropped significantly. 

Earlier in the day I did a mini workout consisting of Pull Ups, Push Ups, Deadlift and Pinch Block training. Felt nice but I also feel pretty worn out now. Hmmm ... maybe I'll tweak the workout a bit ahead. We'll see.



For dinner today I had some chicken fillets that I didn't really know what to do with. I examined the contents of our refrigerator and discovered a jar of olives, a Feta cheese and a pack of SchwarzwĂ€lder Schinken. Then I went and mixed together Feta and chopped olives, added some lemon pepper and cayenne, spread this hash over the fried chicken fillets in to an ovenproof dish and then covered the whole thing with the ham. Into the oven for about 20 minutes on 200° Celsius. Very pleased with the result.



Incidentally, I had just timely received my new one Scanpan CTX 28 cm stekpanna(add) from Cervera(add). In a first test it works very well. Ask me again in a year, that's usually how long it takes to get a bearing on the quality of a product like this. 
   I had to grind away some sharp edges from inside the hole in the handle not to hurt my delicate hands. 😉
   Very light weight frying pan with one of the most durable coatings available in the "nonstick" market. There are a lot of reviews online so you don't have to take my word for it. That was all for this week. See you later.

"Push Yourself,
Because no one else
is going To Do It for You."

May the Fors be With You!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Renassaince Periodization

 Well folks! I've turned a new leaf. I am now an omnivore and a body builder. Today I started the first week of a Mesocycle(a period of ...

Popular Posts